Monday, August 10, 2015

Last e-mail!!!

This is my last time writing to y´all unless there is some strange occurrence so I fell a bit sad but also a bit glad. I really have loved my mission and I love serving the Lord. What a blessing it is to serve the Lord everyday. Who knew that two years could go by so fast but they have and now I feel just as nervous as I was two years ago but now about the opposing things.
We had our last zone conference of my mission and it was very relaxing. I liked it and am glad I won´t have to go to as many meetings as i do here.
It really was a good conference and in it they gave a bit of time to Elder Ponce to talk about language study. He taught us about how we can better our language skills. Towards the end he asked if there was anything we wanted him to tell us. I asked him if there was anything that we say or in a certain way that is very gringo. He responded, ¨Let me think about my first 12 weeks in the mission.¨ Everyone that knew that I trained him was busting up laughing. Good man, good missionary.
The other Elders had a baptism and it was very calm and spiritual and well done. Allison and Gerard came and loved it. Allison still is not sure about being baptized. On our way home Gerard was telling us about his two girl friends. I asked him when he was going to invite them to church and he said ¨Are you kidding?! I don´t want them to catch me!¨ Funniest 8 year old ever!
He was actually running around at church also giving everyone the program and welcoming them. Good member.
We forgot the keys on Sunday morning and the other elders were on the other side of the ward and we had no way to eat or get our suit coats for the meetings until the other elders came back. We ran back into our area and my boy Carlos Marcos gave us chicken burgers and then we ran back up  and met with the other elders in Sabadell center to get the keys then run back to our piso just in time to get picked up by Orlando to make it to church on time. Miracles.
In Priesthood they always ask us if there are any visits they can come with us. When they said that Joanjo said ¨Elder smiley has a visit with an airplane.¨ and everyone busted up laughing and the rest in shock not knowing I was leaving. They then gave me a talk for next week and then some pictures.
In the evening we passed by Doris for her birthday and gave her brownies and she loved it. That is a great family and I wish the best for them!
I really have loved my mission and my areas. I especially love the people I have brought the gospel to. What a blessing it has been and what a burden it would be if I hadn´t come.
I thank all of you for your support on my mission and all the love you have given me. I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to communicating to y´all in a way other than an electric box and keyboard.
I love y´all and I love being a missionary!

Élder Smiley

Isaac

Happy Birthday Elder Smiley

Birthday Cake!!

Missionary work in the Digital Age

Familia Oscariz. (Joanjo and Yun and Eric)

No comments:

Post a Comment