Monday, November 20, 2017

"Nitos" are real!!

This week was good.

We had a good, but weird week.  This week we still had to be in the house until Thursday.
But we still had a little hard time with everything.  We did find some good investigators this week.
We found 2 investigators who have real potential with the gospel.  They just need to do their part and  they should be baptized.

Today we played football and we had Jorge (Inv) play with us.  That was a huge success because he got to know a lot of people from the ward and became friends with them too.

WE BOUGHT A CHRISTMAS TREE! We are feeling the Christmas spirit now!  I am getting ready for all of this Christmas stuff now!

Great Family here

Soccer jerseys on P-days

Christmas arrived, now Mom can quit worrying!!!

Cody has his Christmas cut out for him, his companion told him that this is the first time he has ever had a Christmas Tree in his house.  I have a feeling that Cody's Christmas project will be his companion!!

The malls are into Christmas already.  No Thanksgiving to worry about in Mexico!

Groovy jackets!!







OK so nitos are these little sweet bread things that are filled with sugary chocolate and they are so rich and unhealthy but they are 100% addicting.  I have had to budget myself to 1 a day or else I will spend all my cash on them

So this week went by pretty quick but here are some moments that I remember:

Elder Alvarez bought fireworks this week to throw at angry dogs and at times while I’m writing in my journal or something like that, he will randomly light them and throw them around the apartment. haha. He is crazy sometimes

I hope everyone has enjoyed/will enjoy Thanksgiving. I can’t remember if its this week or next but I kinda miss it.  Also kinda don’t because every meal is thanksgiving here, they give us so much food, it is ridiculous.

there are moments when we are walking past tiendas with songs playing, and Elder Alvarez will look at me and just say ¨baila¨ which means dance! And so I just break it down right there and get jiggy with it and Elder Alvarez just loses it.  He thinks I dance so funny.

Teaching here is difficult because literally everyone says they´re catholic, but in reality that´s just a label they give themselves to not be different from others.  We have to appeal in a manner where we respect their beliefs and testify that we are only here to help them improve their relationship with God, and hope they come to a realization that our gospel is a manner of living which brings real joy into their lives.

Other than that, I got nothing.  Sorry I left my journal at home so I can´t recall any other experiences but I guarantee this mission is full of funny experiences and I write diligently. haha.

God is real and he is good, I’m not gonna bear my testimony because I never read those in other missionary emails so there ya go. 


see yall next week.

Yep, those are missionary shoes!!

Recent convert that just loves the missionaries!!

The four gringos that came into the mission with Mark

Notice the blood spots.  If Mark would just not roll over he would not squish the bed bugs that are eating him.  

You get to experience a little bit of everything on your mission, even hairdressing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment