Monday, April 2, 2018

Love letter to his Momma


Elder Cody Smiley

Today we played 4 hours of futbol.   Mañana I am not going to want to work! Jajajajaja Joke.

This week was really good honestly!   Michelle is one of our investigadores and she has a wedding date!  So now we can baptize her!  The faith of that family is great! In the capilla (chapel) the dad of the famillia Carreón said to us that a lot of missionaries have visited him but we have been the missionaries who have really helped them somos nosotros (we are)! I love that familia so much!

Conference was a little different. I really like the changes!  We got to listen to all of the sessions of Conference in Spanish in the Chapel.  The changes are going to help a lot of the missionary work.  Way to go Presidente Nelson!

This week mi distrito decided to buy the jerseys de México and play like we were the team.  We arrived to the cancha (soccer field) and found other futbol players that were playing really good! We arrived to play fought hard to win. I love my district so much!

Elder Mark Smiley

Momma, Momma trust me I was celebrating your birthday too.  Your faithful son did not forget that blessed day... well, he remembered halfway through:):):):):):)

But happy birthday mom!  I love you so much and you have learned this from smiles, will see it with Cody, and can expect it from me, but we never did appreciate you before the mission and all 3 of us are definitely going to be doing better at being the sons that a mom of your caliber deserves.  Even though Christ is the ultimate example of patience I look at how I’ve dealt with things here, and how you dealt with us at home growing up, and in comparison, cant help but see you as a good second-placer.  The converts here that come from me, the ones in Aguascalientes from Cody, the ones in Spain from smiles, and the ones in China that are going to come from Danny are all converted because of who we are, and we wouldn´t be us mom if you hadn´t showed us the importance of being a good person and as Elder Oaks placed great emphasis on this week, doing the little things.  The lights are always turned off when I leave a room, and I have learned to ´touch it once´.  You and dad are a power team pre-ordained to bring the light to a lot of rowdy boys and one angelic daughter. I love you mom and will never appreciate you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment