Monday, May 21, 2018

It is getting CLOSE!!


Monday May 21, 2018

Elder Cody Smiley:

This week was pretty routine.  We were in Zacatecas for Zone Conference until Thursday.   Yeah, you know how much I love meetings. The best part of the conference is that I got to see a ton of friends I haven’t seen in a long time.  I saw Hermana Magaña, Elder Baragan, and Elder Cornego (he leaves July 24) while I was there! It was so cool to see them!


Elder Jacinto and I did the coolest thing ever!  So Valparaíso is very, very slow with missionary work and with the basics. So, dad told me to think outside the box with my missionary service and this is what we came up with.  Elder Jacinto and I organized a soccer game with all these dudes from this area.  After our game, where WE DESTROYED THEM, they asked us a bunch of basic questions.  They wanted to know some things like “what are you guys doing here” and all kinds of other questions!  Dad wants me to call this “Soccer Dendo”.

See you in FIVE WEEKS!!!

Not sure what is going on, but it was a good picture of Cody


Elder Mark Smiley;

I’m glad the Foundation’s Golf Tournament fundraiser went so well.  That sounds like it could fund my college education so why don’t we just reroute all those Benjamin’s to my account.

I’m glad Chad Lewis was the “Pro” at the tournament.  Ah good ole Chad.  He probably felt so bad after splashing a brat like me.

I am super psyched to see the remodel, but I see you guys´ excitement more like anxiety at this moment.

When people hear there are 18 temples in Utah alone they lose their minds.  It takes a lot for people to go the temple from here, and its not even close to the hardest it can get to make it to the temple.  Sacrifice brings blessings.  At least we can learn that, right?

Actually fun story we passed a reference to the other elders like i told you guys in the call and they had 6 baptisms yesterday, the whole family! the daughters asked me and elder gates to participate as well in the baptism.  it was such a fun night.

Love you guys.  Stay solid. Don’t do drugs.  Look both ways before crossing the street.  Above all:  Don’t let smiles and Becca get too close to each other.

Prayer List
Angelica that she can keep listening to us even though her parents don’t approve
Nancy that she can keep our commitments and really have a desire to stay faithful in the church
Luisa that she can feel ready for her baptism this week
Jared that he can comeback to church and think about his mission
Federico that he can gain enough confidence to come to church
Mariel that her mother will allow her to be baptized

That elder smiley can stop thinking of Roca Rectangles

That is a bunch of white!!!

Love, Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment