Sunday, August 18, 2013

August 15, 2013

Holy Smokes!  Spiritual overload!  We have a crazy time over here for sure!  I love everyone here.  My district is getting more and more crazy!  We got to listen to the Area President Teshiera.  The guy was a thug!  He knew exactly what to say to all of us!  He told us to talk to just everyone we see and to use the Book of Mormon.  No one really has faith in the power of the Book of Mormon except one member in my district.  Sad life.  I know that book will convert all of Barcelona when I get there.

I do love the MTC. I can see why Hermana Money never wanted to leave.  This random teacher came up to me on Tuesday and told me she saw an Hermana Money in the temple and for her to say hi.  Tell Ken that please.

The Sundays here are so difficult.  It is just meeting after meeting after meeting.  No learning. No personal study, just meetings.  They are long and I want to pass out so bad!  I;m trying to find some way to make them fun or interesting but I guess we'll see.

We have had about 5 or 6 speakers since we've been here and all they have focused on and taught is how amazing their experience was with all of their golden investigators.  When I got back to class I asked a teacher mow many of those you should expect and he said none.  I don't expect any because I know we are going to have to work to get them and the likelihood of the falling in our laps or knocking on our door is very unlikely.  Come on!  I want to hear how hard it is but how amazing it feels when you baptize that person that was so hard hearted at first but they came to love the gospel.  That is what I want!

We  got to see the Santiago Bernabau.  Holy Smokes!  Soccer people are psycho!  That stadium has some history.  Look at a virtual tour or something because it is so cool.  Kind of funny because that is FC Barcelona's rival.

I got promoted to District Leader.  It was kind of scary but I am coming to like it and I love the support coming from my district.  Today we are going to the second largest art museum in Europe-Prado.  Apparantly it's a big deal! Hahaha

The food is getting better but I think I am losing weight because it is just no bueno.  No bueno.  Lots of fish and not very much normal stuff.   Mom, get a recipe for gespacco and feed it to everyone, it is so good!!

Singing in front of the temple is such a great experience.  We may sound like squeaking geese but our teach said even though we sound that bad we are sining and belting the spirit and that's all that matters.  Quite the compliment.

I miss my movies and music.  I miss quoting movies with Mark and Cody.  No one gets my amazing jokes and it's tough.  All we listen to is MOTAB.  Get used to it right?

Best Part.  The Park.

My companion is Elder Morgan.  He is 18 and almost bald.  He has a muscle disorder and walks differently.  I told him that that will not stop us.  We literally ran from investigator to investigator.  He was pretty winded and so was I but it made the experience so much better.  The very first person we contacted said "- - - - you!  Do you UNDERSTAND?"  We laughed so hard that we had to take a break.  It was even perfect english.  I wonder where she learned English?  After we went over to this girl who looked nice and she totally shut us down.  Then we found a scary looking man with a large dog and I was definitely intimidated.  Elder Morgan said we probably shouldn't but I told him we had to!  We did and h was a Cuban who hated The Castros so he moved to Spain.  He was definitely there just for us!  The next man we spoke to and he was interesting.  I don't know if this next guy wanted to argue or what but he asked me how I knew the gospel was true.  I bore m testimony about the Holy Ghost and he said the Holy Ghost told him our church was b.s.!  I love this so much.  I got to talk to so many people about the gospel and everyone was so receptive and ready.

I love all of yo and I am so happy to be here!  See you in a very long time!

Elder Smiley

PS:  If anyone wants personal responses or such they need to write me because I don't have email time.
Elder David Smiley
Spain Barcelona Mission
Spain MTC
4a Planta
Calle del Templo No 2
Madrid 28030

SPAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment