Monday, November 18, 2013

MISSIONARY SPLITS IN BILBAO November 18, 2013

First I am almost positive we Skype. I have no idea how to work it so I am hoping my companion will know. I´m sure it will all be just fine. Another thing. Money. Can you keep me updated with how much money I have in my account? Also can you put some more money in my account so I can try and send something home. Another realization. I forgot to pay my tithing before I left. Can you take out $50   and give it to Bishop from me and tell him thanks for the stuff he put in the Christmas package. Are their any special requests that I should try and look for, send ´em my way.
This week is looking up. We have some solid looking investigators. Everyone is moving up, looking forward and progressing towards baptism. This week started with splits and it was Elder Ward and I in my area and we got to visit a less active who has tons of friends that we need to baptize.
On Tuesday it was Elder Ward and I again but in his area. We got fired on by almost every one of his visits. We had used up all of our back up plans by 4 in the afternoon. Whoops. Then we did a double switch when the ayudentes del presidente arrived for zone conference and I paired up with one and went and taught a lesson. It was excellent. We had 8 missionaries in Bilbao all at different visits. It was excellent. I contacted a man with out legs who plays professional wheelchair basketball. We need to baptize him! It would be legendary. Also he is a son of God. I contacted an African from Nigeria and when I told him I was from the United States he said do you know Barack Obama? He is my brother! I replied that he could bring him to the visit this Saturday! We all got a kick out of it. Sunday was crazy good!!! I can´t even explain how good it was. We brought our best fecha Jerry to church. All the single girls his age swarmed him and made him feel like an all star. He was on cloud nine. That is how every investigator needs to feel. That is how everything needs to be. 
Our African family is doing work. Our last visit when we walked in the door the family was sitting down with their Books of Mormon on their laps ready. It is just something else I can´t even explain.
Adolfo and Liliana are still skeptical. They say they want to be baptized but just don´t want to put a date to it. I don´t know what else to do for them. I am giving them everything I got!
I love it here. Spanish is coming and the people are growing on me and we are just doing everything we can to baptize weekly. That is the goal and that is what we will do. We have to baptize everyone.
Dad you should set a side a Sunday and invite all the priests to bring a friend to church, especially priest quorum, and make sure the missionaries can come and have them teach the lesson. That would really get them fired up about missionary work. Mom you should invite all the young women in the stake to do something together (make blankets, cook food, etc.) and invite nonmembers to help do it or take the stuff you make to the nonmembers.  Invite all to bring a friend or someone off the street to come to an activity or to meet with the missionaries. What Scott did with that instagram post is missionary work. If there is one thing this mission has taught me is that everyone needs to be baptized. (Could you get Scott´s email for me?)
Elder Archibald is going home this week. He is exactly the kind of missionary I want to be like. He is working his butt off right now even though anyone he would have found in the last week couldn´t be baptized until after he left. Elder Wilkinson and Elder Ward are animals. I love them to death. I love all of you and thank you for your support. The only thing I want you to do though is find someone that could use the Holy Ghost in their life. That is what I want more than anything. I love you and thank you again. Reminder just to send letters to the mission home just in case of transfer. Much love.

Prayer list:
1.Jerry: just keep on keeping on. He is doing great. Fecha for the 30th. Also for his sister.
2.Victoria,Richard,William, Clinton, and Fred: They can keep reading and pray to know it´s all true. Come to church and leave their old church behind.

3.Adolfo and Liliana: They can take that next step in their life. We can find the iceberg stopping them.

No comments:

Post a Comment