Tuesday, January 7, 2014

NEW YEAR ON THE ISLAND

We are done with the year 2013. That is the end. We are no more living in that year. Now we are here in 2014. We have set new goals as a mission as a zone, as a district, as a companionship and for myself. This year is going to be very different than the last. We baptized 580 this last year and with all the new missionaries we are going to baptize 1500 sons of our Heavenly Father. This last transfer was hard. These holidays were hard. This Island was hard. But no more!  It is all new. New year, new month, new transfer. It´s all going to change and we are going to see miracles and baptisms here in Menorca. That is my deepest desire.
I want to love people better. I have been really bad about that and I think I might get a little of that from Dad. When someone tells me no on the street i usually just walk away and say nothing. This year I am going to love everyone more. My companion, my leaders, my branch, and my God. That is how we are going to see more miracles and more bautismos. 
This week was super hard. All the holidays that no one could see us. For New Years Eve we ate with an investigator and Elder Alder was stuck with diarrhea for 2 days and I almost went crazy!!!! It was a “loco syndrome”. I almost started contacting from the window. I cleaned the apartment one hundred times over. This week we saw a miracle! We had had a super rough day and week. Everyone had fired on us and we had no visits. I went contacting crazy and we found a girl. She invited us to her apartment to share the message but there wasn´t another man (mission rule. Missionaries cannot enter into an apartment with out another man.) so we went to a bar and ate pastries and invited her to read the Book of Mormon and be baptized. She accepted.
New year! New miracles! New start!
We are dropping almost all of our investigators. This new year will only have the people who are going to progress and be baptized. That is what is going to happen. I am very excited and I will keep you updated on my goals all year long.

Prayer list
1.Blanca, keep her baptism date
2.Margarita, Pedro, Rene. They can just find time for us to pass by and we can help them read and come to church. Baptize families!
3.Manuel. Just get back on his horse. He fell off.
4.Christian. He can keep on praying, reading, coming to church, and accept a date.
( I want a picture or an explanation on how you do this prayer list. I´m fired up!)

I love you all and  I THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU ARE THE BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD!!! WOOOOOOOOO
BAPTISMS!!! 


Much love, Elder Smiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment