Monday, May 5, 2014

In a missionary threesome, but things are still bright in Menorca

This week Sole could not be baptized because the rest of the family was out of town. It was the worst!!!! We´ll live with it. This Saturday we are looking at 4 baptisms!!!! 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. President was shocked when I told him that. He told everyone that we have got to invite everyone to church and baptize everyone!!! This week a brave soldier went home.
Elder Dewey had to go home. It was super sad and super hard for all of us. That will be 2 of 3 new missionaries sent here have gone back home. This island is tough stuff. We have been working in a threesome this week and I think through the transfer. I guess we´ll see. This week we are just pushing along. It was a little long. I got sick for half a day and Hermana Pace wouldn´t let me leave the piso. So I cleaned, then cooked, then cleaned again. I almost went crazy! This week we had 2 highlights.

1st a mothers day party on Saturday that was super great! We taught about eternal families and it was incredible! Then we ate and to end it they had a dance with a DJ. They all ¨danced¨ like they were just walking in place. I thought it was super funny and I loved every minute of it. You can tell that our church is full of recent converts because all of them told us after that they have never danced with out being drunk. I thought that was so cool to know how the gospel has changed even the little things in their lives too. 

2nd There was a birthday party for a less active African in the branch so we decided to offer our service in whatever they needed. They looked at us like we were crazy because we wanted to help them but they accepted. We showed up with t shirts over our white shirt and tie and aprons(?) and they got a kick out of that. Then when we went to town cooking and cleaning they were just awe struck! When I was cooking and cleaning super incredibly all the Africans whispered something in their native tongue and then all laughed. Elder Neumiller told me he thinks they said ¨What have things come to when the Africans have white people cooking and cleaning for free.¨ We got a good kick out of it.

You are all in my prayers and I wish you the best of luck! I hope you all can invite someone to a church activity or to meet with the missionaries. I know you will recieve blessings and see and feel what I get to feel everyday when people accept Jesus Christ. 
I love you all!

Prayer list:
1.Sole. Baptism.
2.Mathew and Deya. Baptism
3.Saeli. Baptism.

4. FIND! FIND! FIND!

No comments:

Post a Comment