Monday, October 13, 2014

Here is last week's letter!!


Sometimes I feel like I am just negative in my emails and I feel sorry.
I am just reminded constantly that life is not easy and that the mission will not be harder than the rest of my life. That scares the crap out of me.
Probably the hardest week of my entire life this past week.
I don´t think I could have taken better than I did. I kind of took the bitter cup and kept working. I even thought very little came from our much work, but I was still able to tell my Father in heaven that I put my all into this past week.
I don´t want to dwell on that crap in the past so we are going to talk about the future. This week we have set a goal of teaching 16 lessons and finding 6 new investigators. That would change the game. That is what we need. 
My admiration goes to Elder Ganowsky who kept going the whole time. We contacted thousands and thousands of people and it didn´t matter the result of the contact he kept going forward. I had never seen a rock like this before. What a blessing to have such a strong and incredible companion. I have a lot to learn from him.
General conference was an incredible opportunity to listen to the Prophet and Apostles. I learned a lot and I plan on learning much more as I go back and study my notes and the Ensign. We are blessed to have a Prophet. 
We found an old spanish lady this past week from touching the door bell. She accepted the Book of Mormon and said she would like to read it but she said she would not join our religion. haha She did like us though. It was a blessing to have found an old spanish person willing to listen.
We almost reached our goal as a zone of 9 baptisms for 9 companionships. We baptized 7. Everyone was freaking out for Vitoria to see how close we were. With one more companionship in the zone we have now made the goal of 10 baptisms in October. I hope we can reach it!
If we could ask for your prayers with our goal of teaching 16 lessons and finding 6 new investigators that would be an extreme blessing. 
Thank you for your blessings and prayers. I love all of you and ask and pray that everything is fantastic. I love the mission even if it is a trial of my faith many times. Love you all!!!
Let´s go baptize the world!

Élder Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment