Monday, February 9, 2015

Visca Valencia!!!

BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!! Bernardo got baptized!!! Yes Bernardo is Spanish.
A strange week. We were busy and always running around and we just couldn´t find and new people to teach. We have people to teach yes, but we need to find more. We have 2 people in specific that are progressing extremely well. Diara and Emmanuel.
Diara. Our man from Mali. This man is the most humble man I have ever taught. He has a baptismal date for the 21 of February and loves it all. We met with him on Friday night and taught him the plan of salvation with the big invite to come to church. He does not have much money, so he said he couldn´t afford a metro pass. We told him how important it was to come to church and how the Lord will bless us if we go to church. He said he would just walk. Keeping in mind that the church is about 2 miles away he walked all the way to church and got there early. He is reading like crazy and loving it.
Emmanuel. Emmanuel is finally reading even though he has had a date for the 21st for a week. He drove his own car to church on Sunday, which is a two seater and offered to drive one of us then pick the other up after. Funny missionary moment. He came and we went to priesthood first and as we were on our way to gospel principles class he lost us and went in to 3rd ward´s sacrament meeting thinking we had gone in there. We all got a good laugh out of it.
Sergio is kind of progressing. He just needs a little more repentance then he will be on fecha before I am out of here. We sure are excited for him.
I am loving Spain/Valencia. I had a dream last night that I got baptized and I loved it. I woke up smiling. This really is just the best thing I could be doing right now and ever I feel. Sometimes it´s hard but I just don´t get away from the fact that this is the only time I give all time and effort to helping people come unto Christ.
One more thing. As a ward we do something called ¨Zapato Misional¨ Missionary shoes. Which is where we gather as many as we can and visit less actives and non member friends and sing and bear testimony. It is incredible!!! It makes the people feel so loved. They know that the 15 people that came to their house love them and they feel and love that spirit that came. That is something I would recommend and plan on doing after.
I love all of you and invite you to pray for our finding efforts and our 3 friends who are progressing towards baptism.
Thank you for your love, support and prayers!
¡¡¡¡¡Visca Valencia!!!!
Love you all!

Élder Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment