Monday, February 2, 2015

Nice week of being introduced to several new "Friends"

This week started out rough and finished strong.
At the beginning of the week we were talking with everyone but we couldn´t catch a break. We did not have too many people to teach because of work schedules and so on so it was a bit rough. When we got around to actually finding people things were looking up and at the same time our other friends found time to meet with us and the miracles happened.
1. Dairra. A man from Mali. (Yes the country in which ´Sahara´ took place. Yes it does make me feel like shooting a cannon at a helicopter) We have to be in piso at 10:00 and I said at 9:57 we would contact one more person before going to piso. That is when we contacted Diarra. What a miracle even if we did end up having to run home to make it on time.
2. A member who we had helped her dad move pisos brought a friend to church and she is going to talk with her family about setting a visit up with us and the member family. That is missionary work!
3. A moment I will cherish for the rest of my life. We have started a new thing trying to fire the members up more about the missionary work here in Valencia. Which is inviting the members to write their testimony in the cover of the Book of Mormon and mark their five favorite scriptures then give it back to the missionaries to give to one of their friends. We passed by an active members house and by coincidence the less active aunt was there. We felt that we should talk with the aunt instead. She usually wouldn´t talk with us but accepted the invitation to do so even though she kept saying ¨You know I´m inactive right?¨ I repeated ¨At one point you had a testimony of this book now I want you to find it and put it here so that someone else can be blessed by this book.¨ I didn`t think too much of it until we came back to pick up the book. When we passed by she wanted to talk how our friends were progressing, what we like to eat, etc. (given that before she didn´t talk with us.) When she gave me the book she said she found her testimony then decided that she would read the book of Mormon for the first time in more than 10 years. She was crying at the end. That was a true blessing.
4. Our friend Bernardo is getting baptized this Saturday and is very excited. All is well.
5. I would dare say humbly the Lord is working here in our  area. We are seeing lots and lots of miracles and blessings.
I love this work and I would not substitute this time for anything. This is the best time of my life. I would invite all to enjoy this great experience as well.
I love all of you and pray for all of you!

Élder Smiley

When Dave does not send pictures, I feel like I need to fill in. . . on top of Angel's Landing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment