Monday, June 4, 2018

Good letters from Mexico. Can't believe Cody had a transfer with one month left


Elder Cody Smiley:
I AM GOING TO HAVE AN AMERICAN COMPANION!
I will be in trio just like Marissa and Carson! I just call the calls for cambios and no manches it is nuts!
I am going to Matehuala! 8 hours of driving!
I will be the district leader of 8 missionaries.
Everyone thinks it is crazy that I have cambios when I have one month left in the mission, but who cares I will be with Elder Lozano from Puelba! I will also be with Elder Vick who was in the CCM with Mark!

I said goodbye to Elder Jacinto.  That was pretty tuff.  He was on of my favorites!!!!!!!!!!! It was not that hard to say bye to Valparaìso. I gave the president one of my suits and he was just lit up like Mark and I on Christmas day!!!!!!!!!! 

We had a crazy day we went from Fresnillo to Valparaìso and went back to Fresnillo.   3 hours of traveling! It was pretty stupid because president didn’t tell me to pack my stuff, so I had to go back. 

I am just reading my letter from my president and he just quoted Sean Dixon!

Well that’s all I got for now!!!!!!!!!!! I will talk to you guys in a week and see you in a month!!!!!!!

Elder Mark Smiley:
I decided to put the majority of my responses here, because we are short on time, but I love you all!

Don’t worry dad this new area is amazing!!! Its not as hot as it was.   My last area got absolutely unbearable.  The nice thing was it was all dry heat though.  Here it is a little cooler but not by much.   Everyone here complains about the heat, and then asks where I was before, and when I say Izucar, which is infamous for how blazing it is, they all just go oooooo, wow that sucks.

My companion is good.  Not as good as elder gates.  Elder gates might have been my favorite comp of the mission.  We´ll see, I still have plenty of time.  Elder Camacho, like I said is good, but he is really immature.  He looks and still acts like a 14 year old, so I get pretty frustrated.  He is always trying to flatter the members or stay close to the zone leaders, which gets under my skin just because of how unnecessary it is, but he works hard, and we are finding a lot of people right now.  Like I said this area is incredible.  We have already gotten around 8 references, and the members are always out and about with us.

Investigators should be rolling in real quick.  We are gonna be getting some work here, Smiley style!  One of my biggest struggles on the mission is fear. I just get scared of getting another awesome investigator who reads anti Mormon, or being direct with my comp or a member.  I still have a hard time, but i am starting to get out of my comfort zone more and more and it is really fun.

Mom the package you sent is waiting for me in a members house right now, and I am praying and hoping against hope that you put muddy buddies in there, but if not its ok that was super short notice.  We literally visited these members on Tuesday, and they were like you’re from Utah? lets get your parents to get a package to you because our daughter is coming this week! Write their number here!´ super short notice but super cool

I really absolutely love this.  It took me until Izucar to realize I would rather be doing this than anything else, but I am so happy I have so much time left.  There are lots of days where I feel so crappy, but then I just give it my all because its the only smart thing to do, and I just fall in love again with the spirit and with my mission.  I feel great here. I’m learning a bunch of Spanish too. Like conversational stuff too, so I will not be quite as good as Cody, but I will be up there with him!

Love you guys.  Stay sweet fam
-Elder smiley
The Puebla volcano

Always a Smiley standing out!!

New Zone

Neat photo with everyone's name tags

No comments:

Post a Comment