Saturday, December 28, 2013

CHRISTMASTIME IN MENORCA SPAIN

It makes me so happy that you all are just trucking through this Christmas season! I am so glad for all the presents that you gave me! I am so excited to open them. The soccer balls are incredible!!! I am going to start giving them away today! I get so fired up thinking about making people´s Christmas. I love it so much! Can you tell Bishop thanks, one for his letter and two for his toys, and that I love him.
This week has been one of the toughest weeks of my life, the biggest trial of my faith by far. Manuel was not baptized. He did not feel ready to be baptized. It is super difficult right now to contact him with all the Christmas and family and I am super nervous. I know he is going to be baptized, but I just put all of my faith into this and he was not baptized. One thing this island is teaching me is patience. You all know how impatient I am and this island is putting me there. The thing more than anything is that I am learning is to trust in the Lord, to trust in his timing. To have faith that he can send the answers when our investigators are ready. Right when I meet these people I think they are ready so this is driving me crazy!!! Everyone just needs to be baptized and just very few understand it.  I have been as diligent as possible. I have talked to the most people I have ever talked to on my mission and Elder Alder says that we practically run everywhere. I just want to find those people that are prepared and those that I told them that I would come to Menorca and baptize them. That´s all I want this Christmas year.
Thanks so much for your prayers! Thanks Dad for the idea about the scriptures and the sticky notitas.
That makes me so happy that you all are hopping on the missionary train. I love you all and thank you so much for you help in this work. It is truly incredible. Thanks so much for reaching out to that family.
I love the picture of Tate. That is neat!  Can you tell him that from me?
I have been thinking about how good I have it, even though one elder spent all his money and I have to buy his food and now we have had to eat pasta for the last 2 weeks and that we sleep on the ground and that so many people here don´t believe in Christ or think that their church is perfect. There was always someone that was lower than us. That always keeps me humble and reminds me why I am going to work as hard as I possibly can to bring the gift of the gospel to as many people as possible this Christmas season!

Thanks so much!!!

Prayer list
1. Fernando. He can be baptized on Jan 4.
2. Manuel. He can receive his answer and be baptized in January
3. Familia de Margarita, Pedro, and Rene. They can come to church and read and add a family to this branch.
4. Veronica. She can read and find time to see us. Understand what she reads.


Love you all and Bon Nadal(Menorcin) and Feliz Navidad.

No comments:

Post a Comment