Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving -- Chinese style!

What a rollercoaster of a week. We taught a ton of lessons and we found tons of prepared people but we would lose contact with them. Then all of a sudden have contact with them again, then not come to church, then call us in the afternoon. What a crazy week!
We went to a Chinese restaurant for Thanksgiving. (see picture)
We did a food drive and became best friends with the workers, joking with them and just having a great time/making the best of it.
Just a normal crazy week in missionary work, I don´t know what else to say dang it.
Quick story. We are in a choir for the Christmas program the stake is putting on and we were practicing a new song after church and it just wouldn´t click. It was so frustrating until Noris (our investigator) came over and took the lead, and we sang it perfectly. We all just looked around, baffled that she had just done that. In fact Noris is so good that we couldn´t start the second hour class because everyone was talking with her. She is just so nice and lovable that everyone wants her to come over and eat with her or visit her. I think the ward is starting to think that she is already a member. She really is incredible!
I really don´t have anything else to say to y´all. Just a crazy normal week in the life a crazy missionary.
Thank you for your prayers and fasts in my behalf. I feel the spirit and support coming from your prayers. I thank y´all again for all that you do in my behalf.
I hope that y´all can feel the prayers I offer in your behalf. I love you all and hope the best for you!
I would ask that you pray for
Noris, Reina, Paola and Samir that they can feel that this church is the true church.
Thank you! Love you!

Élder Smiley
We volunteered at a food drive

Then went shopping for our week's food, had to donate after having just gone thru the same thing across town!!

Isn't Thanksgiving a Chinese tradition?

Look how tall and skinny Smiles is!!

Typical back street in Spain.  Not a lot of lawnmowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment