Monday, January 5, 2015

Holidays are over, now we can get some missionary work done!!

Almost done with the festivals, that will be the biggest miracle of all. That is what I want most!
I loved seeing what Paps got for Scott and how he did it. That was pretty dang funny. The new years party even looked fun. During our new years I was still a bit out of it and so all the members we were with asked if I was dying. haha
This week we did see some great miracles
We had 2 miracles this week. We were passing by all the old investigators and we found out that one of them didn´t live there but Elder Smith was bold enough to ask if we could go up and testify. She let us up. Turns out the person that moved in was a less active and had just been writing in her journal about how this year she wanted to make a change in her life. She came to church on Sunday. Left with a family home evening planned with a member and has already read at least the first 7 chapters in the Book of Mormon. 
The second miracle was as we were passing by another old investigator’s home who wasn´t home, and as we were on our way out of the building I felt that we should touch one door. Elder Smith started the contact by complimenting him on the dorky decoration he had on the door. From that he let us right in with out much of an explanation. Inside was another less active who hadn´t been to church in years. He accepted our invitation to return and talk with him and help him return. What a blessing.
After this Tuesday we are done with all the holidays and it is full force missionary work! We are super excited for what is going to happen. I just see so much potential going into the new year, a great area, great member support, great potential baptisms. I think this week will be the best week of my mission to be completely honest. I truly am excited to see what the Lord is preparing for us for these next few weeks.
I have really learned HOW to trust in the Lord. I have also learned how small I really am and how much I really do depend on him and especially how much I depend on my companion. Elder Smith really is a huge support to me. He really is a blessing. I love him to death. Great man.
There will be people making the covenant of baptism and many in the year of 2015. This will be the greatest year of my mission.
I love all of you and thank you for your prayers and support that all of you give me. Let´s move together forward in faith and in the work!
Let´s go baptize the world!



Élder Smiley

This is Rony, our recent convert that helps us with everything

No comments:

Post a Comment