Monday, November 28, 2016

Talked to one of Bill Swann's baptisms Small world!!

Craziest thing, so my ward mission leader served in the Mexico Leon mission.  I asked him if he knew  an Elder Swann? He said no, but his wife said she did if he has curly hair. I said yes!!!!! 
She went on to say that he baptized my father!!!!! I was so happy, it was the coolest thing ever!

I officially had a favorite moment in my mission!!!!! We are teaching Jiserla.  We asked her if she had been reading the Book of Mormon.  She said she could not find it, so we asked her daughter who told us it was in her school locker so she could read it.  SO COOL!!!!  Now we just need to get her to church, and we can get her baptized.

We have transfers this week and I am freaking out!  Everyone tells me I will stay in my area and lose my companion, my gosh I do not want to. If anything, I want to leave or keep Elder Pazmiño for one more transfer!

Glad to hear about Thanksgiving, unfortunately Mexicans do not celebrate thanksgiving or black Friday.  Imagine that, not celebrating the American colonization, nor the excess we call black Friday.

Dad, you asked if Elder Pazmino and I can have conversations.  Yes we do, they are still basic, but I can get the jist of a sentence, even if I do not know every word.
Funny story: so I was walking with my companion, and asked if my Spanish had gotten better since the first time we met. He just laughed, “Oh my,  Elder I don’t think anyone could understand you the first month.”  So we laughed and he commented that my Spanish will be very good by January or February, so relax.
Dad, you asked if Elder Pazmino and I can have conversations.  Yes we do, they are still basic, but I can get the jist of a sentence, even if I do not know every word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment