Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Here is some info from Mexico

Elder Cody Smiley

This week was so hard for me! I had no energy what so ever I literally felt like I was going to pass out.  Well, I did when I fell in my bed jajaja but I am so tired!   

Well this will be a big email (well for me it will be jaja).  Yeah, so just bare with me!!!!!

Well Norma is ready for her baptism.  I asked her questions about her baptism.  We talked about how are a lot of people who can baptize her.  I suggested that her husband, son or bishop could perform it. I thought she might prefer to have her son or spouse do it.  So I asked her,
“Who would you like to baptize you?” 
She said,  “Well, out of everyone you listed, you did not say your name.  I want YOU to baptize me Elder Smiley.  Can you?” 
My jaw just dropped. I said, ”Are you sure?  You know that your husband or son can baptize you.”   But, she said, “No, I want you Smiley”.  Dumbfounded, I said “Ok, I will do it”.

On Sunday we got a new mission leader in the ward. It turns out that he is my favorite member! We sat down with leaders of the stake and they explained to Jonathan Elder Ortiz and I everything they would like us do.  Jonathan was so pumped up to get to work.  He said, “Let’s get to work! Jonathan is a convert to the church and does not know a lot but he is ready to get things done! Jonathan sat down with us and he said, “Anything you guys need you tell me.  ANYTHING -day or night- I am here for you guys! LETS GO!

Today I played fútbol with Elder Cornejo like old times!  It was so dope!  I scored 8 goals against the all star Mexicans of our mission!! At first Elder Cornejo was like, “Oh, its just Smiley.  He cannot play that good.  I immediately proved him wrong. I was so pumped! Elder Cornejo said to me, “You play different Smiley but in a good way.”

I also talked to a missionary who knew Mark in the CCM.  I am so popular in the mission with the new missionaries thanks to Mark jajajajaja!

Prayer List:  Norma



Cody & his President

After Soccer

I thought only tourists bought those!!




Monday 8 January 2018

Elder Mark Smiley

So, what we got here is a long week.  Lots of walking to appointments where they wouldn’t have time or wouldn’t answer.  So, it was a couple of long days not gonna lie.  
-STILL DOPE THOUGH
-We got a call from Rodrigo, who told us that he missed us, so we invited him to church, and he was like booyah see you guys there.  And, there he was!  I really think he is so ready to be baptized but the son of a gun has his reservations.

Yeah, the honest truth is that it was a long week full of walking and lessons.  Not a huge amount of interesting things happened.  It was a week of lessons, which were fantastic, visiting members, and getting stopped by drunks by the dozens.

Thank you all, I appreciate ya’ll

The church is true

Prayer list:  Rodrigo

With a great family on Christmas Day

After the baptism

That is one tall gringo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment