Tuesday, January 2, 2018

One good letter, one bad week!!

Cody Smiley

Cody’s letter was short, his companion was having some troubles with his nose, so he just wrote and said his two investigators are ready for baptism, and that other than that they were not able to do anything

Mark Smiley

ok sorry if I wasn’t able to respond to your emails, we had a family that invited us to eat and didn’t let us leave until super late in the day so we are at another family’s house right now and they are so graciously allowing us to use their computer.

ok several stories that are funny

First.  we had this Christmas ward activity where they asked the hermanas in the mission to sing, and none of them wanted to because they had their own activities. Then we told them that the president was coming and they dropped everything and even showed up early.  freaking hermanas!!!

A man we tried to contact ended up giving me life advice on how I should never marry a Latina because she will come with me to the US, have a kiddo, and then divorce and steal everything.  He did this for 45 minutes, and any time I let my eyes wander, he would wave his hand in front of my face and tell me to pay attention.

We got three baptismal dates this week, and one kid that is gonna get baptized this week asked me to baptize him! I felt bad because he has an older brother who can do it but asked me.  I don’t feel like its my place, but it is his choice.

We also got 3 investigators to church! The past 8 weeks literally no one new has been coming so this was an awesome turn of events.

We went to visit a less active family and found them outside, and instead of wanting to talk, they just wanted to watch their youngest son swear at me, and light fireworks with a cigarette that he got from who knows where.  viva Mexico.

I have been giving lessons in my sleep.  Elder Alvarez tells me every morning that I talked again, and one night it got so bad that he yelled at me to wake up, but he  ruined a perfectly good lesson on baptism.


Christmas and new years were fun, but not too different, the only difference was all the freaking food they gave us.  Elder Alvarez got sick on Christmas because he ate so much, and I wasn’t feeling too swift either.

Now that is the way to celebrate Christmas Eve!!

Playing with the kids

Somebody had to make the Tamales, wouldn't you know it it was the American!!!

Oh, that looks safe.  the iron does not work so they heat it up and iron their clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment