Monday, January 29, 2018

Things are great in Mexico this week!!!!

Cody Smiley

Well we had changes (about time) and I am with another Elder Guerrero.  

He was in the CCM with Mark, that is really cool  

As far as the week goes, I did not do anything because Elder Ortiz and his nose,  again but now things should get rolling again.   We should start teaching a lot more people!! He will be my new jumpstarter in the mission after all that time in the house!! ​

 
Twin Elders!!

Elder Mark Smiley

I know you sent a text out to the rest of the family telling them to say happy birthday to me, and I appreciate it.  Apologize to all of them for me.   I can´t get to them because time is short today:(

I am glad to know you are enjoying the temple, because I cannot wait until I get to go back and enjoy the serenity.  We are able to go to the temple if a convert is getting their endowment and they want us to go with them.  I think I found the family that I’m going through with.   They are called the Ascension family and one day I will spend the whole two hours of email time to just talk about how incredible they actually are, but right now I have too little time.

It sounds like you and Dad are quite busy with dad´s calling, but it sounds like you´re enjoying it, which is good. 

We are going to go get churros with grandma and grandpa Smiley´s birthday money and share them with the family that you are sending packages to.  They are the most dope, and I can´t begin to explain how much they matter to me.

Wow! 19 years of being Mark Smiley sure is tiring isn´t it?  Mom I really appreciate that you put up with my crap all the time.  I am not worthy of parents like you and Dad.  You guys are so caring and patient with us.  Please realize I thank God every night that he sent me to people that would care for me like you two have.  

I´ll never repay you for the man you´ve helped me become and I’ll never be able to realize just how blessed I am to have a mom like Chris Smiley.  I owe you so much and I love you


Being a trainer and district leader is really nice because I have so much to do and I don’t have to focus on myself as much, but it´s also really hard because my Spanish is not nearly where I’d like it to be with the positions I’ve been given.

My trainee is super cool.  He knows Spanish already, but is from Texas.  He loves the work already even though all we´ve been doing this week is walking a whole lot.  I hope his enthusiasm stays strong.  He has this incredible talking ability though.  We went and visited a less active who didn´t budge or give us anything to work with us the last 3 months and then the first visit we have with Elder Guzmán, and he talks with us about his life on the ranch for 2 hours without stopping!  He was so excited!  It was so cool to see.  The truth is there is a lot of work that has been buried by members and others, and we are uncovering it.   We are discovering a lot of less actives and finding a new rhythm with this area.  


We had an investigator that could´ve been from the training film, The District.  Literally he tells us he sees a light in his friend in the church and wants that, so we start with lesson 1, right? The first lesson my trainee has had, and we get a baptismal date! Feb. 17th here we come!  They could´ve filmed us with how incredibly bright his desires were and how readily he accepted everything we taught him.





Mark's volcano, it is active!!



No comments:

Post a Comment