Monday, January 15, 2018

Nice week in Mexico second week in a row one of the boys have baptized

Elder Cody Smiley

I am so excited to tell you that I baptized Norma on Saturday. You won’t believe what happened either.  So, I told her how I was going to baptize her and she said ok.  We went in the font and I said the prayer and she closed her eyes and began to go into the water before I could plug her nose.  I lifted her up waaaay fast!!!!!!!! I said, “You need to close your nose”!!!! Then I baptized her again, correctly this time.  That water was by far the coldest water I have ever baptized anyone in.  It was so cold for me.  I could not imagine how cold it was for her, gosh.

Nothing else has happened this week.  Elder Ortiz will need to go home because he needs surgery on his nose.  His doctor says that we cannot work. 

Love you
Elder Smiley

New Mexican suit

The only mustache Elder Ortiz will ever have 

Norma got baptized!!!



So this week was interestingly quick and long at the same time.  

Lots of citas and walking and re-scheduling because the zone leaders have plans we don’t know about until the day of usually.

We had a zone conference this week that lasted 7 hours!  Good to know when the assistants ask the sisters to teach, we will be in for a good 2.5 hour lesson on baptismal dates.  It as all good though because AFTERWARD WE GOT OUR PACKAGES AND INSIDE WAS MY BELOVED IPOD THANK ALL THAT IS HOLY.
A couple of dope miracles this week.  One of them is that our investigator who has a fecha (baptismal date) for this week explained to his catholic wife about our church meetings, and she is now much more open to us.  She thought we went to church and screamed and ran around and acted crazy.  Not gonna lie I have no idea where she heard that.

We got to teach a whole family! Bulmaro and Lucía and their kids about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  They are so ready, but when we asked about baptism they got apprehensive, saying they didn´t want to put a date on anything, they wanted to see a sure ¨sign¨ that they were ready to be baptized.  AHHH THEY ARE SO READY.  But yeah we got a bit of work to do with these guys. But they love us so much its incredible.  I will legit cry when I gotta say goodbye to them.

Elder Alvarez told me that he convinced the zone leaders to say that I am ready to train this next change and that he heard talk that I might be a trainer this next change, which terrifies me, because I don´t know if he´s joking.

love yall.  It has gotten extremely freaking cold these last couple of days so that´s  been a change.  I love to hear from you guys and the pictures are always appreciated! Stay solid and bear your religion with pride this week


-elder smiley

Just like Spain, colorful letters for the town

Big baptism font in ancient ruins

Mark and his companion

No comments:

Post a Comment