Monday, September 16, 2013

September 16, 2013

This is just a "Proud PAPA" writing this entry.  Let me tell you a story!!!

The other day Chris was told by one of Dave's friends that he had just got a great Instagram about Dave.  Baffled, but curious she got some more information.  Instagram name of "scottep" is a return missionary over in Europe on a work assignment.  He is keeping everyone in the loop by instagram. His post a week ago was three photos, one with Dave, and then the following editorial.

Today I went to church in Bilbao Spain and met Elder Smiley (his name suits him very well  haha) today is day 3 for Elder Smiley as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  This kid is a rock star!  I went out and talked to people on the streets with him and was blown away by his spirit!  His Spanish was less that that of a pre pre-schooler yet he talked to anyone that passed him, no fear at all, bearing testimony of Jesus Christ with so much power the hair on the back of my neck shot up.  It was incredible!  Straight up like a scripture prophet.  It took me back to truly the best experience I ever had in my life when I was a missionary.  To everyone that reads this I want you to know I know God is real and his son Jesus Christ is real and Christ is our savior and He loves us all and wants us to be like him and to be happy.  If your not mormon, go find a mormon missionary and listen to what they have to share.  If you are mormon, go find a mormon missionary and listen to what they have to share.  It's always nice to be reminded what they're doing out there for 2 years of their lives like I was today.

Chris responded with:

I am Elder Smiley's mom and you just made my day by making such an eloquent post.  thank you for touching Dave's life in such a positive way.

Scottep responded with:

Seriously the coolest kid ever.  This visit to Spain may have been a vacation to start but there is no doubt in my mind that God had his hand in my decision to come here so that I could meet elder smiley and feel the spirit as string as I did while I was there.  Tender mercy of the Lord.  And freaking coolest kid, good work raising him.

Wow, what a great reinforcement that he is where he is suppose to be!  What a special ability we all have to be an influence on others.  I love that boy!!

1 comment: