Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Life is grand on the Island of Menorca, even the Mission President wants to be here!!

President Pace came to Menorca, we obliged with a baptism!!
BAPTISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miracles!!! This week was so long and so hectic and so crazy but ended with the biggest miracles of my mission! 

Remember when I got here there was 7 members in the church. I was super depressed. Everything hit the fan. No one was progressing. I think all those trials have been paid for, Miracles, Miracles, Miracles!!!!
This week we had 55 people in the church!! President got up to preside and started to cry. Hermana pace cried. Heck, I even cried. No one has ever seen that many people in the church here in Menorca, ever! We had 12 investigators in the church! It´s moving!! Everything is trucking right along!!! We have 6 fechas for the 12 of April too!!! 

President Pace came this week to see what we have been doing here because of all this success. He is very proud of us and put out a shout out to all the mission. The assistants told us that we are the beacon of hope to the mission.

President told our investigator family that he wants to see their baptism. He is going to try and book a flight the morning of the 12th and still make it back for a meeting for the evening. Everyone is super excited!!! 

The branch has life!!! We are El Faro and this is what we do!

I have to read this book called ´adapting to missionary life¨ because I´m training and this week I read a line that said ¨write your family every week and don´t forget big events or birthdays.¨ That is when I remembered that it was mom´s birthday yesterday! I flipped! I totally forgot! The whole piso said that mom was going to kill me. I´m sorry mom!!! Thanks family for reminding me in every email!
Elder Wilkinson went home today. What the? What happened to time? I hate this.

Prayer List:
Alexander and family: Baptism the 12th. 
Rofina: Baptism the 12th.
Soly: can follow the example of her son and be baptized.
Manuel: Just get in the water already!

Élder Smiley
Go baptize someone today

Our investigator family bought us soccer jerseys when they found out our favorite teams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment