Monday, October 9, 2017

Elder Cody Smiley is getting wet!!

Monday October 9, 2017

Ok this week was a long one.

My companion Elder Cornejo was sooooo sick this week.  I just cared for him forever while Elder Barragan took a member and visited Alma Edith and Ariel which are 2 of our fechas (people ready for baptism) and we were able to baptize them this weekend!!!!!!

The baptism was awesome!  Elder Cornejo baptized the Alma Edith and he baptized and when she came up from the water her momentum was so far forward that she fell.  She was ok and we all had a laugh.  Later, the Ariel shared his testimony about baptism.  He used a ton of details about the gospel and the spirit was so strong.  I was impressed.  I thought for 9 years old he knows a lot. Then out of the blue this lady from the ward just starts laughing!!!!!!!! Later we asked her why she was laughing and she said, “I just feel the spirit so strong”.  Well, that made things interesting.

Familia Alvarez Ponce invited us to eat tacos at their place.  I love that family soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are also ready to be baptized.  Their date is set for October 21.

Elder Cornejo and Elder Barragan got a call from the zone leaders.  Elder Barragan is leaving.  So, bang the duo is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Elder Cornejo and I will be companions.  We are way good friends.   We always have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Prayer list:
Familia Alvarez Ponce

Elder Smiley, the elder


PS:  My companion took my stitches out this week.  Then, I dislocated my finger playing soccer and now it’s black and blue.  The adventure never ends in San Luis Potosi.

No comments:

Post a Comment