Monday, October 2, 2017

Great days in San Luis Potosi. Cody is getting going now!!

Well geez I do not think I can write an email like Mark so bear with me here guys......

Before anyone else asks me: “No I did not feel the earthquake, ok?” I know Mom and Andi were crazy nervous when it took a long time to hear about how everyone from my mission was after the last earthquake.   Don’t worry.  I have God on my side.

Our 6 fechas (6 people ready for baptism) went to conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Four of them are in a family.  President Hernandez called us he was so excited for us (I don’t think he believed us at first).  My companions and I got to watch all of the sessions of conference in Spanish.  I was so glad I could understand all of it too.

On Tuesday we taught la familia Alvarez Ponce.  THEY ACCEPTED FECHA!!!!!!!!! October 21!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can’t wait for Saturday.  I will let you know how it all goes!

Wednesday Hooooooooooooooooooo.  Well, it was something else.  Elder Cornejo turned out to be sick after lunch.  We went home and geez!!!!!! Later, we were commanded to go to the doctor to take care of him.  Afterward, as we left the doctor’s office I was talking to my companions while I was walking and wasn’t watching where I was going.  Suddenly, I had to jump down a part of the sidewalk and when I raised my head to find my balance I banged my head into a cement block and cut my head wide open. Due to the fact that I am a Smiley I said to my companions,  “I am fine (as I start walking like a drunk person) but no I actually wasn’t.  I went to the hospital and needed to get three stiches.  The doctor who gave me the stiches asked me, “Does that hurt?”  I responded “Well ya!!!!! She responded and said, “Not with your attitude that can’t be hurting”.  I asked, “Do you want to change spots?” She said no and finished stitching me up.  All in a day’s work!

Prayer List:
La Familia Alvarez Ponce
6 Fechas


Elder Smiley in Aguascalientes

That's gonna leave a mark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment