Monday, October 30, 2017

We continue the "Two for One" theme now that Mark & Cody have Monday P-days

Mark
ayooo!

I´m in the field now! The travel wasn´t too bad, but I’m quite tired and I haven’t even figured out who my new companion is, nor my area.  The furthest area from the mission home is 7 hours away, so if I get assigned there, I wont show up until midnight based on how fast these interviews are going.

Saying goodbye at the CCM wasn´t as bad as I thought, but I do miss my friends, especially because the elders who are going to Puebla with me aren´t my first choice, but also aren´t my last choice, so it could be worse.

It´s only been a couple of hours but I already know I am in for a humbling experience.  These guys are speaking Spanish so fast I don’t know how to react

One cool thing though.  I was the only gringo who memorized D&C 4 in Spanish, so when we all recited it, the latinos and I were reciting from memory while the other 3 gringos were reading from their scriptures.  

love ya’ll, my p days will be on Mondays from now on and apparently we get two hours to email, which is a bit much for me but who knows.

Mom, tell grandma smiley I loved her letter she sent me, it was given to me during orientation and I got weird looks from everyone. Haha!

-elder smiley the younger

Not sure the premise behind this picture, but it was of Mark.

Not sure the premise behind this picture, but it was of Mark.


Cody
This week was nuts

The dad of the familia Alvarez Ponce received the priesthood not only of Aaron but the other one! I do not know how to write it sorry!

We had a great time playing today with Eddy! oh he is my favorite!

Eddy made us crepes to celebrate!

Funny moment!!!!!!! Eddy’s wife calls all scared while we were giving the priesthood to the dad of the familia Alvarez Ponce.  So we rush to the house and barge in and she says there is a cockroach over there!!!!!!  So we laugh and we kill it.  Later Eddy says and that is how missionaries and members should work together for the work of the lord! JJAAJAJAJAJAJA!!

Prayer list
Allison 

Uriel

No comments:

Post a Comment