Friday, October 6, 2017

Elder Mark Smiley is enjoying the CCM!!!

Friday October 6, 2017

Brustedes

Ok, so what a time to be alive.

I heard a homie in the MTC during my first week say "long days, short weeks” and its so flippin true.
The days blend together and it’s the same old stuff every day.

Conference was phenomenal.  I loved it and got to catch up on some sleep during some of the talks in the morning sessions but for the most part I was awake and felt the spirit SO HARDCORE.  Dallin H. Oaks spat some FIRE during his talk and I cant wait to hear about the media backlash, but I know what he was teaching was true.

My favorite talk was definitely Henry B. Eyering's about the family that lost their house to the flood and didn’t notice for a while because they were serving so much.

Teaching is way, way, way fun.  Like when Elder Lowe and I teach with the spirit, I get so excited and can’t stop smiling. The investigator just looks at me and gets super weirded out.

The title of this email (brustedes) is a joke about Spanish conjugations.  Some days are so difficult and tiring that at the end of the day we are so slap happy and tired anything we say is funny.  We were joking about how you can conjugate English words with Spanish conjugations. Like "Elder-emos" or "bruh-stedes" and its been a district joke ever since haha.

Also everyone in my district says I look like ben stiller.
Love yall

-Elder smiley

PS: My preparation day is on Friday this week and it will be on Wednesday next week.  This past Wednesday we went to an immigration office for finger printing.

Two Mexico missionaries from Crosswinds 2nd Ward

Earthquake stranded missionaries in Leon

Individual study time

Mark captioned this one "Standard Companion Picture"

Mark captioned this one "Some of my new favorite people"

1 comment: