Sunday, October 1, 2017

Andi pointed out that the name of the blog is finally correct! "3 Smiley Msissionaries" Mark is safe and sound in the CCM

ok ok so wowza what a ride.  it has felt like eternity since I was in Spanish  Fork wondering if id ever get outta there and on my mission.

Adjusting to mission life wasn’t too hard for me, the food is delicious, the teachers are funny and my district is the best.

Arriving here was quite an experience let me tell ya.  First we land in Leon, which is like 30 minutes away from Mexico city and have to refuel, and then one dude decided he wanted to get off, and since he did that, we all had to get off, go through customs, get our luggage, recheck our luggage, and then get back on the plane, then I left my carry-on at security check so we had to track that down really quick and then we flew to los angeles instead of salt lake because salt lake stopped accepting international flights or something like that and we spent the night in los angeles.  then in the morning we realize we are actually flying to Mexico city instead of salt lake and end up safely in Mexico city.  I just remember telling everyone before I left  "I’m lucky, I only have a four hour flight ahead of me."

But it was fun, we had a good laugh about it and now we are more united than ever

The Spanish is coming back to me from all my Spanish classes.  I’m third best in the district for Spanish i think.  The only ones better have lived with Spanish people, and studied Spanish in college.  Its coming quickly to my remembrance and I am loving it.  Spanish is so fun.  The first week was hard because they just starting rapid-firing Spanish at us and we had no idea what was going on.  But since then the gift of tongues has helped a lot of us learn a lot in these couple of days.  We have some Latino elders in our house in the room across from us and we talk with them every night in our broken Spanish and they talk to us in their broken English

THE LATINO ELDERS ARE SO COOL. one in particular, named elder Mendez, is someone I knew I was meant to meet while here.  If we were to have grown up together we would’ve been the best of friends.  One night we were about to go to sleep and he came into our room and gave us his scriptures and told us to read, so when we were done reading the Spanish verses we thanked him, and he said "I love my brudders." he really is such a good example about attitudes in the mtc.  The other elders are a riot too, and we have arm wrestling contests with each other, we see who can jump onto the top bunk without using their hands, and we teach each other the language.  They are so fun to come home to.

Ok, so heres a good story.  There’s an elder in our district named elder Fullmer, and he sucks at Spanish, like he is just the worst, and it is hilarious.  In our first lesson with our "investigator," who is just our teacher, he was talking about faith in the restoration and he said these words: "tu tengo fe," which means you I have faith.  After that he was just like "I’m sorry" and his companion said "thank you for your time," and they left.  I love the people in our district though.

Elder Darrington and Elder White is the other companionship in our room and I love them so much.  We are all going to the same mission and I sincerely hope that Elder Darrington and I get to be companions. We are already the best of friends.  Elder white has had a hard life.  He was adopted as a kid because his mom died of an overdose and then he was homeschooled with an abusive brother, so he doesn't have a lot of social skills but he loves the gospel and he loves us. They had a rough go of things but they’re doing better now. 

ELDER LOWE AND I ARE TEACHING WITH POWER. Our teacher said that since I knew more Spanish than elder Lowe, I had to talk less and allow him to be able to practice, but he didn’t like not knowing Spanish 100% he didn’t want to talk.  now we are learning how to bounce ideas off of each other mid-lesson and our teacher says we are almost like missionaries already in the field.

I love all ya’ll who actually took the time to read this gigantic email.  Sorry its so big I don’t think they will be this big the whole time since most of the time we are just in class but we will see

-elder smiley


Also one more thing that I think is hilarious.  My whole zone hates dinner with me because I get too excited and just start talking with people instead of eating so by the time everyone else is done eating I still have my dinner to eat so I just eat a quick bowl of cereal and head on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment